Pitch UnderMain with your Story Idea
Since 2014, UnderMain has served as a platform for observations about art in Lexington, KY and its surrounding region. Have an idea for a story? We welcome your story ideas covering art in traditional or new formats, as well as critique.
We want our content to be accessible to everyone interested in art, regardless of background. To that end, both artspeak and academic style have a place, but not at UnderMain.
No footnotes; references and complementary links should be listed at the end of your article.
Pre-published content is not permitted unless accompanied by written permission of the previous publisher, and approved by UnderMain.
We’re open to ideas. UnderMain publishes:
- Studio visits
- Photo and/or Video Essays and Stories
- Original Creative Writing
- Other (let’s talk)
- Limit your pitch to two paragraphs.
- If your article relates to an upcoming exhibit or event, include relevant dates and links to pages with more information about your proposed topic.
- If you have work that has been published, include samples (attachments and/or links). If this is your first submission to UnderMain, include a brief bio.
- Please send your pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will confirm receipt of your pitch via email. If your pitch is approved, submission guidelines will be provided.
We’ll be in touch – thank you for your interest in UnderMain!